Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Enjoy!


Well this set of lilies is singing out a good morning that I cant resist. At Holly's house on the morning I'm to leave Austin ... painting instead of packing? Yup.
Done on piece of the hardboard that we bought in Llano and that I cut up and painted [alkyd exterior house paint] Two coats and I had 5 boards to play with. Sketched one of the horses and now have done this morning exercise.
(9x12)
I used a lot of Velazquez medium in the whites and lights. Ok, that means medium over most of the painting. The medium worked for smooth application and a certain amount of impasto. Wonder if there will be a shine when the painting dries. Will add stamen and pistils when I get back to my studio.
Hmmmm, sorry to say it's time to pack up and head home.

1 comment:

  1. I like lots about this painting starting with the freshness, the soft whites against the pearly pink and the crisp green, Stamens? Didn't miss no stinkin stamens at all, unless.....will they be long & stalky & perhaps tipped in, like, orange?

    ReplyDelete